Sunday 9 February 2014

Cuttle corner

Cottage Reef is a great shore dive halfway between Queenscliff and Pt Lonsdale. The reef is about 50m off shore with max depth of 8m.

You can reliably find cuttles and schools of old wives here and even sea dragons if you're observant.

This adolescent cuttle was just as interested in me as I was in him.




It's quite photogenic with colourful invertebrate growth under deep kelp covered ledges.

The rocky reef faces north so you can often shoot up into the sun with colourful sponges and gorgonians in the foreground.

4 comments:

  1. Can any one dive and go there who doesn't know swimming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shahana, probably not I'm afraid. You would need to be a good swimmer and diver to reach this site. There are no charter boats that take people here, it's more of an independent diver's shore dive.

      Delete
  2. Hey Andrew,

    I work for a TV network and am looking for 4K underwater and drone shooters, and thought your work looked really great. Please contact me @ cory.clements@blueantmedia.ca if this is something you might be interested in.

    I look forward to hearing from you,
    -Cory Clements

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the interest Cory but I dont have 4K gear and dont dive as much now.

      Delete